Thursday, September 2, 2010

so, i've been putting off this blog post simply because i am afraid that i cannot find the words to adequately express my immense amount of joy.  well, that and the fact that i knew just attempting this would bring me to tears. {sniff}

on august 20, 2010 i realized what it means to marry your best friend.  the one person who understands you better than anyone else.  the person who you want by your side no matter what is happening.

to think that after 14 years the LORD brought a childhood crush back into my life.

and he was the one.  i just knew it.  i felt it in my soul.  and everything he did and said confirmed it.

seeing him for the first time that day, we both got a bit teary, but there wasn't any crying.  more than anything, i was just so very excited.  taking pictures was miserable for the most part, but i felt so beautiful when david looked at me that i hardly even cared. (for this, i can only speak for myself)

we mingled before the ceremony, and promptly at six, our family sat down and waited.

as "how beautiful" played softly in the chapel, david's grandmother and our mothers were seated, david's dad took his place beside him, and my sister played the role of maid of honor.

during the last stanza, daddy walked me down the aisle, telling me how happy he was before we appeared in the chapel foyer.  this time, there was no asking if i was sure this was what i wanted to do.  we both knew how right it was.

the ceremony was short, but so very special.  our childhood minister spoke softly about our story.  our fathers read the verses we had selected, with mine reading Romans 5:1-, the one that has carried me through the past 3 years.

as we recited our vows and exchanged rings, my heart was so full that i was completely unaware of anyone else in the room.  it was just us.  even thinking of it now makes my throat catch.

love is unpredictable.  it sometimes makes no sense at first, only to turn into the simplest of concepts.

david is my one true love.  my partner for life.  hearing him pledge to be with me forever was the most romantic experience i could have ever imagined. 

i know that in another ten years, i will reflect upon this day and think, "wow. and i thought we loved each other so much back then."

in my opinion, this makes me the world's luckiest girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment