Friday, June 4, 2010

The Busy Season

It's 5am and I'm wide awake. I guess that's what happens when you fall asleep at 8:30 after doing 12 hours of clinicals in podunk Pell City, Alabama.

Not even married yet and I think this summer is going to test mine and Kimberly's relationship. I'm working full-time and I have to do nearly 200 clinicals hours as well this summer for school, on top of all the wedding things (both mine and others') that will need to be attended this summer. I'll do another 9 hours of clinicals today, then pack up and drive do Opelika for some pre-marital counseling tomorrow.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow for some reason. Since Kimberly and I started dating we haven't had any fights, and we seem to be on the same page about everything. I know we will have our differences and fights eventually, but our core values are the same, and that's what a healthy marriage is built upon. You can't build on a narrow foundation.

With that being said, I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Kimberly.

2 comments:

  1. word of advice: have your first big blowout fight and then decide if ya'll still want to be together...because even at jay's worst, he's not that bad.

    that was the BEST advice i've ever heard before we got married. love you britches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute... yall haven't fought yet??? what's up with that? haha. when jacob and i first started dating, i used to say to him "i wonder when our first fight will be..." well, we've had our share of fights, but know that we can work through them and settle things. so i agree with Kim... have your fight soon!! love yall!

    ReplyDelete